GARBAGE PICKUP POLICY
Each household is provided a garbage container. Each container has a serial number and is assigned to a specific address. The container is to remain at this address. If additional cans are desired, they may be purchased at a cost of $65.00 per container. A form is available for purchasing additional containers.
The truck picking up the trash container has an automated arm, which reaches out to pick up the container, empties it, and returns it to its specified location. No other garbage cans can be used with the Town’s garbage truck. Garbage must be inside the 96 gallon container provided by the Town.
CURBSIDE PICKUP SCHEDULE
(Note: Curbside pickup items must be at roadside by 7:00 a.m. the day of service.)
• Monday Route: All residents east of First Methodist Church including: Hopewell Street, Milldale Road, Elmer Lane, E. Price Road, W. Price Road, E. Dumplin Valley, W. Dumplin Valley, and Cline Road.
• Tuesday Route: All residents west of First Methodist Church including: Patriot Drive, Goose Creek Road, Hart Road, Jerrimac Lane, Charles Court, Danielle Drive, Delores Drive, and Killion Road.
• Wednesday Route: All residents off Epco Drive.
• Wednesday: Consists of appliances, furniture, carpet, metal, televisions, etc. Typically runs every other Wednesday. (Please contact 865-397-5101 ext. 21 for dates.)
• Thursday: All pickups are made with the exception of Epco drive.
• Friday: Residents of Epco Drive.
• Friday: Brush is typically picked up on Friday.
• Leaf pickup generally begins the last week of October.